Sunday, July 1, 2018

Purikura Skin Tone Comparisons

Purikura Skin Tone Comparisons


This is a look at how much difference the skin-tone settings make when you take purikura.





I asked my friend who is Japanese-American to test this out with me so you guys can see two different skin-tone examples.

Also bear in mind that the machines are designed for Asian skin-tones, I know Ive had a couple of times where my skin has looked weird and I guess thats the reason why.

Most machines give you five settings with either the middle one or the second lightest being the recommended setting. I read a survey once that said that the second lightest setting is the most popular one to choose. Almost all the purikura on this blog are done on the second lightest setting.

Anyway, my friend agreed to take the same purikura machine three times in a row yay! It was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday so we didnt have to queue. For the curious our purikura was timed at 13.38, 13.52 and 14.09. We chose Me Her Jyoshi 2 because I like it and because there was nobody in it when we got there!



First we took the middle setting:




Then the lightest:



Finally the darkest.



I was actually surprised at how little difference there seemed to be- we thought that maybe the lightest setting made me look too pale and the darkest gave my friend a tan, but I think we were examining them very closely! I put the pictures together so you can make a better comparison. Lightest is on the left and darkest on the right.
I think you do lose a bit of definition on the lightest setting and theres more of a contrast on the darkest. I was surprised at the lack of different to be honest. It could be this machine and maybe other machines have a wider range. Maybe Ill do another post one day...

What do you guys think? For those who take/have taken purikura, what setting do you usually use?


visit link download